1. Your Liaison Librarian's Contact Information
Liaison Librarians are designated for each academic department, center, and institute at WSU.
Students are welcome to contact the liaison librarians for any questions about research resources and library services.
2. The Link to Relevant Subject Guide
- There students can find comprehensive research resources related to the course subject including
academic databases, books, journals or professional internet resources.
- Professors are welcome to make comments or suggestions to improve the subject guides with the liaison librarians.
3. The Link to the library "Ask Us" Onsite/Online Service
The librarians can be reached at
- Research Help Desk in the library or
- Online through Online Question Form or Online Chat Service
to get help for library resources and services.
4. The Link to the Library Research 101 Guide
Library Research 101 is an introductory guide designed for the students not familiar with information literacy.
The guide lists the following contents:
- the research cycle
- library databases for background information
- information search tips and strategies
- knowledge of citation and scholarly communication
5. New Interlibrary Loan Service
- The library launched the new Interlibrary Loan Service System in fall 2017.
- Everyone at WSU has an account in the system, and can track/manage all the requests.
- The new system links to the library databases, and the request form can be automatically filled out if you directly use the "Request through Interlibrary Loan" button in the library databases.
- The request will be processed immediately. It takes 2-3 days to deliver a journal article in PDF. It usually takes more than 1 week to deliver a print book.
6. Off-campus Access
EZ-Proxy is the way we use to authorize the access to library E-Resources from off-campus.
E-Resources include E-books, E-journals/magazines/newspapers and all the databases.